Four Types of Alien Life Have Been Pulled From Crashed Craft, Says Ex-Government Researcher With Serious Credentials


Not every extraordinary claim arrives from an easily dismissed source. Some come from people whose careers, credentials, and institutional affiliations make the simple act of dismissal feel less comfortable than it once did. One such claim surfaced this week on a widely followed podcast, delivered by an 89-year-old Stanford-trained physicist with decades of work inside some of the most sensitive research programs the United States government has ever funded. What he said was brief, carefully worded, and, for anyone paying attention to the growing body of testimony around unidentified aerial phenomena, impossible to brush aside without at least stopping to consider what it means.

Before getting to the substance of what he claimed, it helps to understand who he is, where he said it, and why the people sitting across from him that day were not strangers to the material.

A Physicist With an Unusual Resume

Dr. Hal Puthoff spent a significant portion of his career working at the intersection of theoretical physics and intelligence-funded research. Stanford-trained, with a background in quantum physics, he served as an advisor to the Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications Program, known in government circles as AAWSAP, a research initiative funded through channels that only became publicly known years after its operation. His work brought him into contact with intelligence communities, classified programs, and, by his own account, individuals who had been directly involved in activities that have since become the subject of congressional hearings and federal declassification efforts.

On Thursday, Puthoff appeared on Steve Bartlett’s podcast, The Diary of a CEO, alongside Dan Farrah, the filmmaker behind the documentary Age of Disclosure. What Puthoff said on that podcast has since circulated widely, and for good reason.

What Puthoff Actually Said

Puthoff’s claim was specific and, notably, hedged. He did not present himself as someone who had personally examined recovered biological material or walked through a government facility housing extraterrestrial specimens. What he offered instead was a second-hand account from sources he described as credible, people with direct involvement in recovery operations who had spoken to him over the years.

“People who have been involved in recoveries have said there are at least four types. Four separate types,” Puthoff said. “Now I have not had direct access to that but I believe the people who I talked to — four separate types of life.”

That combination of confidence in his sources and honest acknowledgment of his own limitations is part of what has drawn attention to the statement. Puthoff was not claiming to have seen anything himself. He was staking his credibility on the credibility of the people who told him, which, given his background, carries weight that a less credentialed commentator could not offer.

The Four Species Named by a Fellow Researcher

Puthoff did not describe the four alleged species in detail on the podcast. That task had already been performed by his longtime colleague and fellow AAWSAP advisor, Dr. Eric Davis, at a 2025 UAP Disclosure Fund conference attended by three sitting members of Congress, including Representatives Nancy Mace, Anna Paulina Luna, and Eric Burlison.

Davis named four distinct categories of biological lifeform, each reportedly pulled from the wreckage of downed craft, and each possessing a broadly humanoid structure with two arms and two legs, based on what he described as intelligence reports.

Grays are the most culturally familiar of the four, small and hairless with disproportionately large eyes, recognizable from decades of popular depictions in films and television. Nordics present a striking contrast, described as human-sized beings standing roughly six feet tall who closely resemble people of northern European descent, a detail that raises its own set of questions about what that resemblance means in evolutionary terms. Reptilians are upright-standing creatures with scaled skin, long tails, and otherwise human-shaped limbs, walking bipedally despite their distinctly non-human appearance. Insectoids, sometimes called Mantids within the UAP research community, are bug-like humanoids bearing a resemblance to praying mantises, carrying the most alien appearance of the four despite sharing the same basic bipedal structure.

Davis presented these descriptions as drawn from intelligence documentation rather than personal observation, a distinction that matters when assessing how far removed the claims are from direct evidence.

The Man Who Testified Under Oath

Puthoff and Davis are not the only credentialed individuals to have put versions of these claims on public record. In 2023, former Air Force Intelligence officer and UAP Task Force member David Grusch sat before the House Oversight Committee and testified under oath that the United States government has non-human biologics recovered from multiple crashed craft. Grusch was not speaking about rumor or speculation. He was a serving intelligence officer who had spent four years in his role with the UAP task force, interviewing over 40 witnesses, all with established careers in national security.

“My testimony is based on information I have been given by individuals with a longstanding track record of legitimacy and service to this country — many of whom also shared compelling evidence in the form of photography, official documentation, and classified oral testimony,” Grusch told the committee, adding that the evidence had been deliberately kept from congressional oversight.

Grusch acknowledged that he had not personally seen alien vehicles or bodies. Like Puthoff, his account rested on the testimony of sources whose credibility he was prepared to vouch for. When lawmakers pressed him for specific details, including whether the government had ever had contact with extraterrestrial beings and whether anyone had been killed to suppress information about recovered technology, Grusch declined to answer in the open hearing, stating he could only elaborate inside a sensitive compartmented information facility. He also told the committee that he and several colleagues had been subjected to professional and personal retaliation after coming forward, describing what he called administrative terrorism targeting those who had attempted to speak.

Pentagon officials stated in response to the 2023 hearing that their inquiries had not produced any verifiable information to substantiate claims about programs involving extraterrestrial materials. That denial has not stopped the testimony from accumulating.

Pilots Who Could Not Explain What They Saw

Grusch was not alone at the 2023 hearing. Alongside him sat two decorated military aviators who had no claims about recovered alien bodies to offer, but whose accounts of direct encounters with unidentified objects proved difficult to explain away on technical grounds.

Former Navy fighter pilot Ryan Graves described an object he observed off the coast of Virginia Beach in 2014 while flying an F-18. Shaped like a dark cube inside a clear sphere and estimated at five to fifteen feet in diameter, the object remained perfectly stationary despite what Graves described as hurricane-force winds. His squadron filed a safety report at the time but received no official acknowledgment. Graves, who has since founded Americans for Safe Aerospace, estimated that only around five percent of UAP sightings are formally reported due to the professional stigma attached to making such claims.

Retired Navy Commander David Fravor offered the committee a separately documented encounter from 2004, later captured on video, that the Pentagon released publicly in 2020. Fravor and three other service members observed a white, Tic Tac-shaped object emerge over the San Diego coast. It carried no visible rotors, no wings, and left no turbulence when it departed.

“The technology that we faced was far superior than anything that we had,” Fravor told the committee. “I’m not a UFO fanatic. But what we saw with four sets of eyes — we have nothing close to it. It was incredible technology.”

His credibility as a witness rests not on his beliefs about what the object was, but on his career, his willingness to testify under oath, and the video record that partially corroborates his account.

The Sources Who Would Not Speak

Farrah, the filmmaker who appeared alongside Puthoff on Thursday’s podcast, added a layer to the evidentiary picture that explains much of the frustration researchers and journalists encounter when trying to pin down first-hand testimony on recovered biologics. During the production of Age of Disclosure, Farrah spoke off the record with multiple people who claimed direct involvement in recovery operations. None would agree to appear on camera.

One of those sources came close. Days before a scheduled interview, the source pulled out entirely, citing a conversation with his wife about what going public would cost him. Farrah quoted the message directly on the podcast: the source said he had decided he would be forfeiting his life by participating.

Whether that reflects genuine fear of institutional retaliation, concern about violating security agreements, or something else entirely is impossible to determine from the outside. What it does illustrate is the structural problem sitting at the center of this entire body of claims. Every account traces back to people who either spoke under oath in classified settings, provided testimony off the record, or chose not to participate at all. Nothing in the public domain constitutes physical evidence that can be independently examined.

A Government Moving Toward Disclosure

Whatever the underlying reality, the political environment around UAP claims has shifted considerably in recent years. In February 2026, President Trump directed relevant federal agencies to begin identifying and releasing government files on alien life, UAPs, and related matters, citing the level of public interest as justification. In May, the Department of War released a tranche of declassified UAP documents, photos, and video footage. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth described the release as demonstrating the administration’s commitment to transparency, framing the previously classified material as something the American people had a right to see.

Congress has pushed in the same direction, with multiple lawmakers describing UAPs as a genuine national security concern regardless of what ultimately explains them. Representative Robert Garcia put the broader point plainly during the 2023 hearing, noting that UAPs may pose a serious threat to military and civilian aircraft and that more reporting, not less, was in the public interest.

What the Evidence Actually Shows

Every claim covered here shares the same evidentiary foundation. Witness accounts from people who are either credentialed, decorated, or both, describing things they say they saw or were told by others they trusted. No publicly accessible physical evidence has been confirmed. No alien body has been produced for independent scientific examination. No recovered craft has been made available for inspection outside classified settings that remain off-limits to the public and to most of Congress.

What has changed is the seriousness of the people making the claims. A Stanford-trained quantum physicist, a former Air Force intelligence officer, decorated military pilots, and members of Congress have all placed versions of the same basic assertion on record. Whether that accumulation of testimony constitutes credible evidence of something extraordinary, or a self-reinforcing ecosystem of unverifiable accounts, remains a question that the available evidence cannot yet settle. For now, what exists is a growing body of sworn testimony from serious people, a government moving toward at least partial disclosure, and a public that is paying closer attention than it ever has before.

Loading…